- Robust Building Outline Extraction. PTO 56793223, Provisional filing May 2008, Full filing May 2009.
- ”Visualisation of urban airborne laser scanning data with occlusion images”,
T. Hinks, H. Carr, H. Gharibi, D. Laefer,
ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, Vol. 104, June 2015, pp. 77–87.
- ”Point Cloud Data Conversion into Solid Models via Point-Based Voxelization”,
T. Hinks, H. Carr, L. Truong-Hong, D. Laefer,
J. Surv. Eng., Vol. 139, No. 2, May 2013, pp. 72–83.
- “Combining an Angle Criterion with Voxelization and the Flying Voxel Method in Reconstructing Building Models from LiDAR Data”,
L. Truong-Hong, D.F. Laefer, T. Hinks, H. Carr,
Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, Vol. 28, No. 2, February 2013, pp. 112–129.
- “Flying Voxel Method with Delaunay Triangulation Criterion For Façade/Feature Detection For Computation”,
L. Truong-Hong, D. Laefer, T. Hinks, H. Carr,
J. of Computing in Civil Eng., ASCE.
- “New Advances in Automated Urban Modelling from Airborne Laser Scanning Data”,
D.F. Laefer, T. Hinks, H. Carr, L. Truong-Hong,
Recent Patents on Engineering, Bentham Science Publishers, Vol. 5, No. 3, December 2011, pp. 196-208.
- “New possibilities for damage prediction from tunnel subsidence using aerial LiDAR data”,
D.F. Laefer, T. Hinks, H. Carr,
Geotechnical Challenges in Megacities, Vol. 2, June 7-10, 2010, ISSMGE Moscow, pp. 622-629.
- “Wind-Driven Snow Buildup Using a Level Set Approach”, Best Presentation Award
T. Hinks, K. Museth,
Eurographics Ireland Workshop Series, Vol. 9, December 2009, Dublin, Ireland, pp. 19-26.
Paper [.pdf] Presentation [.pdf]
- “Flight Optimization Algorithms for Aerial LiDAR Capture for Urban Infrastructure Model Generation”,
T. Hinks, H. Carr, D.F. Laefer,
Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, Vol. 23, No. 4, November/December 2009, pp. 330-339.
- “Post Facto Registration Tools for Urban Modelling”,
Y. Morvan, T. Hinks, H. Carr, D.F. Laefer, C. O’Sullivan, W.S. Morrish,
EuroGraphics 2008, April 2008, Crete, Greece, pp. 215-218.
Short Paper [.pdf] Video [.avi] ~60 MB Poster [.pdf] ~95 MB
- “Impediments to vertical data capture from Aerial LiDAR for Three-dimensional Building Extraction”,
T. Hinks, H. Carr, D.F. Laefer,
IABSE Symposium Report, IABSE Symposium, International Association for Bridge and Structural Engineering, September 2007, Weimar, Germany, pp. 268-274.
Posters & Presentations
- “Impediments to Vertical Data Capture from Aerial LiDAR for Three-dimensional Building Extraction”,
TRB 87th Annual Meeting, January 2008, Washington, DC, USA.
- Best presentation award at EuroGraphics Ireland 2009.
- Shortlisted (Top 4) for Irish Software Association Student Award in November 2009.
- Gold medal at Young European Arena of Research (YEAR), held in Ljubljana, Slovenia in April 2008. Poster [.pdf] ~3.9 MB
- Awarded first-prize in Modeling and Animation course (2005) project competition for my level set ray tracer with snow build-up.
- Cover image for Geo-Strata, Vol. 14, No. 1, May 2010.
- Work with Swedish company Exotic Matter,
“The Tech Behind the Tools of Avatar Part 2: Naiad”,
FX Guide, April 2010.
- Phd Profile – Virtual City Models, UCD Today, October 2009, pp. 6.
- “Down the Road”, Marie-Catherine Mousseau, Science Spin, May 2009, Issue 34, pp. 30-34.
- “3-D-Stadtansicht im Überflug”, Jan Oliver Löfken, Technology Review [German],
2008(06), pp. 16-17.
I am interested in point cloud voxelization techniques. Would it be possible to email me two of your papers, namely, “Point Cloud Data Conversion into Solid Models via Point-Based Voxelization” and “Combining an Angle Criterion with Voxelization and the Flying Voxel Method in Reconstructing Building Models from LiDAR Data”.
Thank you very much.