Any code I make public will be available from my github page. In most cases shared code will be written in C++ and more often than not will be in some way computer graphics related. Unfortunately, the amount of support and help I can offer will be extremely limited. Code projects will normally be accompanied by a Visual Studio solution for easy building. Also, I strive to make libraries small and header-only whenever possible to avoid linkage problems. Please let me know if you find the code useful!
My preferred programming language is C++. Because of the enormous popularity of this language it can be difficult to choose between the vast amount of available literature. Here is a list of books (in no particular order) that I have found to be very instructive and useful:
- Modern C++ Design, A. Alexandrescu, Addison-Wesley, 2001.
- C++ Coding Standards, H. Sutter & A. Alexandrescu, Addison-Wesley, 2004.
- Accelerated C++, A. Koenig & B.E. Moo, Addison-Wesley, 2000.
- Exceptional C++, H. Sutter, Addison-Wesley, 1999.
- More Exceptional C++, H. Sutter, Addison-Wesley, 2001.
- Effective C++, S. Meyers, Addison-Wesley, 2005.
- More Effective C++, S. Meyers, Addison-Wesley, 1996.
- Effective STL, S. Meyers, Addison-Wesley, 2001.
- Design Patterns, E. Gamma et al., Addison-Wesley, 1994.
- The C++ Programming Language, B. Stroustrup, Addison-Wesley, 2000.
- C++ Common Knowledge, S.C. Dewhurst, Addison-Wesley, 2005.
- C++ for Game Programmers, M.J. Dickheiser, Charles River Media, 2007.
- Scientific and Engineering C++, J.L. Barton & L.R. Nackman, Addison-Wesley, 1994.
- C++ in Action, B. Milewski, Addison-Wesley, 2001
There is also a large body of books published on the topic of computer graphics. Again, I will list some references that I have found to be particularly useful:
- OpenGL Programming Guide, D. Shreiner et al., Addison-Wesley, 2004.
- OpenGL Shading Language, R. Rost, Addison-Wesley, 2004.
- 3D Computer Graphics, A. Watt, Addison-Wesley, 2000.
- Texturing & Modeling – A Procedural Approach, D.S. Ebert et al., Elsevier Science, 2003.
- Physically Based Rendering, M. Pharr & G. Humphreys, Elsevier Inc., 2004.
- GPU Gems 2, Editor: M. Pharr, Addison-Wesley, 2005.
- Real-Time Rendering, T. Akenine-Möller et al., A K Peter Ltd., 2002.
- Digital Image Processing, R. Gonzalez et al., Prentice Hall, 2003.
- Level Set Methods and Dynamic Implicit Surfaces, S. Osher & R. Fedkiw, Springer, 2002.
- Data Visualization, A. Telea, A K Peter Ltd., 2008.